08 August 2009

Apocalyptic Sky

Our magical warm winter streak is still going strong; we haven't had rain in weeks. People have actually had to water their gardens! pshaw. Then yesterday, a brief, half-hearted shower in the afternoon threatened to break the spell; I worried about getting home on my bike. Suddenly, the sky changed. It looked on the verge of implosion, unnatural. The sky looked like the way it will right before the apocalypse. The witchcraft was getting stronger. The sky was a washed-out orange sherbet. Huge messy clouds ran into each other and a rainbow traversed the whole city. I expected Wuthering Heights-scale storms, I expected operatic lightning and thunder you can feel in your bones. This morning, I woke up to a perfectly calm and bright sunny day, and I don't know what to make of it. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I really hope Kirk Cameron isn't right about that whole Rapture thing, though.

Also, I've been getting some complaints that I don't update the blog enough. So, I am going to commit to putting up at least one post every day this week. Usually I try to wait until I have a few interesting and related thoughts to present to you, but now, you will just get some rambling unrelated thoughts, but hopefully it will satiate those who are more interested than they should be.

Look out for tomorrow-- it's your favourite power-couple's 7th anniversary, and I just got my first present: Season 2 of Flight of the Conchords! Isn't Boy Wonder shiny?

And I'm not referring to his alabaster pallor.

No comments:

Post a Comment